Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video Expanding your build options, part of Programming the Internet of Things with Android.
- No discussion about the future of…"The Internet of Things" would be complete…without thinking about what kind of new things…that are coming on the horizon…to allow you to build things.…So electronic design news, or EDN,…has a great article here about seven…alternative hacker boards.…These are boards that are designed…to allow you to write simple code,…hook up sensors and effectors,…and they provide you compute and memory,…and usually a USB connection to your development platform,…so that you can easily build custom application code…and try it out for yourself.…
There's a development board called a Pinocchio…that's coming down the road,…that's very small, very simple,…battery powered, WiFi and it's got a lot of…sensors on it,…and it's very useful for thinking…about building wearable devices.…There's a company called Spark.io…that builds mesh networks of one WiFi enabled device…and a bunch of what they call scouts.…It's collected together in a metaphor…that they call a troop.…And that way you can collect data…from a number of different pieces,…
- Exploring the Internet of Things
- Understanding sensors and effectors
- Connecting inputs and outputs
- Connecting to devices via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- Creating Bluetooth apps using Android
- Creating your own things with programmable hardware
- Using IFTTT to program things
- Exploring the trends in things
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Note-Taking App for Android (2013)with David Gassner3h 7m Intermediate
Connecting Android Apps to RESTful Web Serviceswith David Gassner3h 24m Intermediate
Programming the Internet of Things with iOSwith Michael Lehman2h 49m Intermediate
1. The Internet of Things (IoT)
2. Composing a Thing
3. Connecting to Things
4. Creating Things
5. Managing Your Things
6. The Future of IoT
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.