Learn how to use the onscreen keyboard, access special characters, and type accented characters. Explore how to use Predictive Text to speed up your typing, type quickly by using Glide Typing, and activate Dictation to have the Android copy down text as you speak it.
- [Instructor] Your phone or tablet occasionally demands…that you type some text.…In those instances, up pops the on-screen keyboard.…Here I'm using a Google Docs app…to demonstrate the on-screen keyboard.…You can tap the screen,…and the on-screen keyboard appears in other apps.…Here it just shows up 'cause I'm editing a document.…Now if you desire more typing room,…re-orient the Android horizontally,…and the keyboard adjusts itself accordingly.…So to type, just start tapping on the keyboard.…As you type, the predictive text feature…generates word suggestions.…
You can type faster by tapping one of the suggestions.…On some on-screen keyboards,…you can long press the center word for predictive text…to view more suggestions.…Otherwise, you can just keep typing.…If the word you need isn't available, of course,…you can continue typing letter by letter.…To type a capital letter, tap the Shift key,…and the next character you type appears in uppercase.…
To type in all caps, double-tap the Shift key.…Tap the Shift key again to return to lowercase.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
Google Drive Essential Training (2017)with Jess Stratton1h 30m Intermediate
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.