Use the on-screen keyboard to type text. View a larger keyboard by turning the device horizontally. Discover how to type accented characters and how to access special symbols. Use gesture typing to swipe the on-screen keyboard and quickly type text. Activate the dictation feature to eschew typing altogether. Learn how to dictate punctuation.
- [Host] Despite its lack of a physical keyboard,…your phone or tablet occasionally demands…that you type some text.…To do so, you could opt to connect…a Bluetooth keyboard but more often than not,…you'll use something called the onscreen keyboard.…This keyboard appears any time text input is required.…It pops up automatically, such as when you tap a text field.…Here you see the Google Docs app open with a new…document on the screen.…I'll use this app to demonstrate the onscreen keyboard.…
So you tap the screen and…the onscreen keyboard appears.…If you desire more typing room,…reorient your device horizontally…and the keyboard adjusts its size accordingly.…Tap on the keyboard to type.…As you type, the predictive text feature…generates word suggestions.…To type faster, tap one of the suggestions.…On some onscreen keyboards,…you can long press the center suggested word…to view additional suggestions.…Otherwise you can keep typing.…
To type a capital letter,…tap the shift key then the next letter you type…appears in upper case with…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Understanding the Home screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. Managing Apps
4. Your Mobile Address Book
5. Mobile Email
6. On the Phone
7. The Mobile Web
8. Smile for the Camera
9. From Here to There
10. Plan Your Day
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.