Today, users can find devices remotely. Through this technology, a distant phone or tablet can be locked and data can be erased. You can even send a message to the devices screen, to help good samaritans return your lost device. Ryan Spence explains the steps needed for locating an Android device and wiping a device remotely.
- Mobile devices are built to be constantly connected.…Whether the device connects through WiFi…or cellular service, it will be broadcasting…the location data.…Android offers a slick tool called…Android Device Manager, which uses the location…data of the phone to help users locate…a lost device.…In order to enable Android Device Manager…on my Samsung device,…I need to first download it from Google Play.…I'll accept the terms and conditions…of Android Device Manager,…and I will open the application…from the Google Play Store.…
I will read through the information…Google is giving me about Device Manager…and accept those terms.…I will log into my Google account,…and there I am.…In order to demonstrate the functioning…of Device Manager, I'm going to launch Google Chrome…and log into…www.google.com/android/devicemanager.…I'll log in,…see where I'm at, and my Android device is listed.…
From here, I can send a ring command.…I would do this in order to find the device…should it be lost, but within ear shot,…like behind my desk, or between the couch cushions.…
- Understanding mobile security risks
- Buying and disposing of mobile devices
- Setting up mobile passwords
- Implementing lock screen security
- Adjusting Android admin settings and iOS privacy options
- Setting up options to find your phone
- Securing cameras, microphones, and other hardware on your mobile device
Skill Level Beginner
1. Considering the Need for Security
2. Securing an Android Device
3. Securing an iOS Device
4. Securing Device Hardware
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.