Learn how to edit text on an Android. Find out how to position the cursor,select text and extend the selection; use the Action Bar to cut, copy, or otherwise manipulate the selected text; paste text into any location that accepts text; and copy text from a webpage for pasting into other apps.
- [Narrator] Text on your Android device…is edited similar to text on a computer.…You can cut, copy, and paste text…but you need to know a few tricks.…To demonstrate text editing, I'm using the Google Docs app.…The first step to editing anything…is to relocate the cursor.…To do so, tap in your text.…The cursor moves to that spot.…It also grows a tiny little blue tab…and you can use that tab to specifically drag…the cursor to the proper spot.…Now you can start typing or deleting text…at this cursor's location.…
You could say capitalize a word that you dictated…that wasn't properly capitalized.…To select a word, you double tap the word.…And if double tapping doesn't work,…then you can long press the word.…The selected word appears highlighted on the screen.…To the left and the right, you find two tabs…and you can drag either tab…to extend the selection to exactly the text you want.…Now if you need to start over,…just tap elsewhere in the text.…A selection bar appears above selected text.…
You can use the commands or icons to select all…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.