Lean how to edit text on an Android and move the cursor. Find out how to select text and then adjust the size of the selected block. Discover basic editing commands, including Delete, Copy, Cut, and Paste. Paste selected text. Tap the cursor tab to summon the Paste command. Copy text from a webpage to be pasted in elsewhere.
- [Instructor] Text on your Android device…can be edited just like text on a computer.…You can cut, copy, and paste text,…but you need to know a few tricks.…To demonstrate text editing…I'm using the Google Docs app.…This document was created for another movie.…The first step to editing anything…is to relocate the cursor.…To do so, tap in your text.…The cursor moves to wherever you tap.…For more precise moving you can use the blue tab.…Drag that tab to a specific location…where you want the cursor.…
You can start typing or delete text…at the cursor's location,…such as capitalizing a word that you dictated.…You can even add punctuation.…Another editing technique is text selection.…To select, double tap a word.…If double tapping doesn't work then long press a word.…A selected word appears highlighted on the screen.…To the left and right you'll find two tabs,…one marks the start of the selected block,…the other marks the end.…
To extend the selection you use your finger…to drag the start or end blocks.…If you need to start over or cancel the selection,…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Understanding the Home screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. Managing Apps
4. Your Mobile Address Book
5. Mobile Email
6. On the Phone
7. The Mobile Web
8. Smile for the Camera
9. From Here to There
10. Plan Your Day
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.