Learn how to change details for a contact, updating information as it becomes known to you as well as how to add a contact picture, choosing from existing photos, or take a photo of the contact in person. Also, find out how to set an individual's contact ring tone.
- [Instructor] Things change.…People move, they get new phone numbers,…add new email addresses,…they may switch jobs.…To keep up with these changes,…you must edit your Android's address book.…To change information for a contact,…open the Contacts app,…and choose the contact…to display their information full screen.…Tap the Edit icon.…If you don't see this icon,…look for an Edit button,…or tap the action overflow, and choose Edit.…Be aware that you cannot edit some contacts.…
For example, imported Facebook contacts…can only be edited on Facebook.…A warning appears when you try to change information…for this type of contact.…Tap a field to edit information.…For example, tap the Work Phone Number,…if that number has changed.…Edit, or type in, a new number.…Some versions of the Contact app…save your edits instantly.…Otherwise, when you're done,…tap the Save or Done button.…Because your contacts are synchronized…with your online accounts,…the updated information…is available to all your Android devices,…as well as on the internet.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.