Learn how to update a contact and edit an entry in the address book, modifying information or adding new information, such as a photo on the phone or tablet, to a contact. Use the device's camera to snap a picture of a contact. Set a special ringtone for incoming calls from a contact. Banish a specific contact's incoming calls to voicemail.
- [Man] Things change, people move, they get new phone…numbers, add new email addresses, they may change jobs.…You'll have to keep up with those changes…if you want your Android's address book to be accurate.…To change information for a contact, start the address book…app, which is named contacts or people.…On this device, it's contacts.…Choose a contact to display their information full screen.…If you see an edit icon, tap it to edit the contact,…otherwise tap an action overflow or a more button…and then choose edit.…
Be aware, that you cannot edit some contacts.…For example, Facebook contacts imported to your Android…are edited only on Facebook.…A warning appears when you try to change information…on this type of contact.…Otherwise you change information by editing a field,…you tap the field and edit the contents.…For example, suppose the contact moves.…Tap the address field and then type their new address.…All edits are instantly saved in some versions…of the contacts app, otherwise if you keep editing,…and on this app for example, you tap the save button…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Understanding the Home screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. Managing Apps
4. Your Mobile Address Book
5. Mobile Email
6. On the Phone
7. The Mobile Web
8. Smile for the Camera
9. From Here to There
10. Plan Your Day
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.