In addition to the major app stores that I have mentioned, there are over 30 other app stores to which you can submit your apps. Here are some important ones to know about. F-Droid is both a repository of free and open source apps, and an open source server environment you can use to build your own app store. Like Amazon, the user has to install the F-Droid app.
- [Instructor] In addition to the major app stores…that I've mentioned there are over 30 other…app stores to which you can submit your apps.…Here is some important ones to know about.…F-Droid is a popular app store…for free and open source apps.…You can get to the F-Droid website through F-Droid.org.…You can also download the F-Droid server environment…so you can build your own app store.…Like Amazon, the user has to install…the F-Droid app on their device…to install apps from this store.…
When you open the app you'll see a listing…of apps that are hosted by the F-Droid site.…But again, the purpose of F-Droid isn't just…to host apps itself but to give…you a way of hosting your own apps.…You can find everything you need…at the website F-Droid.org along with a forum,…a wiki for discussions, an issues list and more.…1mobile is another popular app store.…It's at 1mobile.com.…On this app store you can submit your app for free.…They'll even copy wrap details…and marketing images from the Google Play Store…to speed up the submission process.…
- Packaging apps in APK files
- Building a signed APK file
- Distributing through Google Play
- Adding app graphics
- Setting pricing
- Publishing the app
- Submitting an app to Amazon
- Tracking app use in Google Play and Amazon
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Game App with the Android SDKwith David Gassner2h 6m Intermediate
1. Know Your Distribution Options
2. Package and Test the App
3. Distribute through the Google Play Store
4. Distribute through Amazon
5. Track an App's Usage
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.