The Google Play store is one of the most popular and easiest places to deploy your apps. Nearly all Android devices sold by the big cell phone providers in North America, Europe, and Australia have Google Play already installed, and users download billions of copies of apps every month. It's free to developers, other than a one-time registration fee, it's easy to submit your app, and you can distribute as many apps as you want. It also has a very lightweight app review process.
- [Instructor] The Google Play Store is among…the most popular and easiest places to deploy your apps.…Nearly all Android devices sold…by the big cellphone providers…in North America, Europe and Australia…have Google Play installed already.…It's the largest Android app store,…and users download billions of copies of apps…from this app store every month.…It's nearly free to developers,…and it's easy to submit your application.…Now I say nearly free…because there is a small one-time fee…when you first sign up to use the app store,…but after that, you can submit as many applications…as you want.…
Once you submit an application to the Google Play Store,…the review process is fast, and unlike, say,…the iOS app store, where publication of new apps…can take days or even weeks, publishing an app…through Google Play seldom takes more than a few hours.…When you submit an application to Google Play,…there's a certain amount of automatic scanning that happens…to make sure that your app doesn't contain malware,…and when the app is installed on a device,…
- Packaging apps in APK files
- Building a signed APK file
- Distributing through Google Play
- Adding app graphics
- Setting pricing
- Publishing the app
- Submitting an app to Amazon
- Tracking app use in Google Play and Amazon
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Game App with the Android SDKwith David Gassner2h 6m Intermediate
1. Know Your Distribution Options
2. Package and Test the App
3. Distribute through the Google Play Store
4. Distribute through Amazon
5. Track an App's Usage
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.