After the Google Play store, Amazon is the next largest distribution channel for Android apps in North America and Europe. You can find apps through a web interface by going to Amazon.com, and then narrowing your search to Apps and Games. Then, you can search for the kind of app you want. There is another channel called Amazon Underground, which lets users install and use apps for free. Amazon compensates developers for Underground usage with a royalty model.
- [Presenter] After the Google Play Store,…Amazon is the next largest distribution channel…for Android apps in North America, and Europe.…You can find apps through the web interface…by going to Amazon.com, and then, under departments,…choose the App Store for Android.…Notice, that under App Store for Android,…there are a few different categories.…The underground apps are free apps,…that sometimes have in-app purchases.…All Apps and Games will display all applications,…and then you can search by category,…specifically looking for games.…
I'll go to All Apps and Games,…and I see a number of ads at the top,…and then down below, a whole bunch of categories,…so for example, if I wanted to find music apps,…I could choose Music and Audio,…and I would see only those apps…that fit into that category.…As a developer, you can deploy your apps…through the Amazon store,…by going to developer.amazon.com.…You'll need an Amazon account,…and that's exactly the same kind of account…you would use to shop on Amazon,…and then you'll be able to deploy your apps and services…
- Packaging apps in APK files
- Building a signed APK file
- Distributing through Google Play
- Adding app graphics
- Setting pricing
- Publishing the app
- Submitting an app to Amazon
- Tracking app use in Google Play and Amazon
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Game App with the Android SDKwith David Gassner2h 6m Intermediate
1. Know Your Distribution Options
2. Package and Test the App
3. Distribute through the Google Play Store
4. Distribute through Amazon
5. Track an App's Usage
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.