Disposing of a device correctly ensures mobile security. Understand how to maintain strong secure practices when disposing of your phone. Ryan Spence explores traditional sales channels, as well as the thriving secondary market. Learn about resale best practices to protect your data from malicious parties and hackers.
- To support the secure life of mobile devices,…you must dispose of them in a secure manner.…The most secure way to dispose…of your mobile device is to destroy it.…Today, 25 states have electronics recycling laws.…Similar legislation has been enacted…by governments worldwide.…When destroying a device, the goal…is to destroy any residual data on the phone.…By destroying the device's working memory,…what was once a phone simply…becomes material for recycling.…
If you want to make some money from your device,…most direct sellers will give you credit for old devices.…Even if the device shows evidence…that liquid damage has occurred.…In the past, Apple would refuse trade-ins…with positive liquid indicator evidence.…Now, Apple will accept devices, even if…the liquid indicators are tripped.…But will refuse devices with visible liquid damage.…Although not the most secure,…trading back into the retail channel…is a good way to get back some…of the value you spent on the device.…
An even less secure option is the thriving secondary market.…
- Understanding mobile security risks
- Buying and disposing of mobile devices
- Setting up mobile passwords
- Implementing lock screen security
- Adjusting Android admin settings and iOS privacy options
- Setting up options to find your phone
- Securing cameras, microphones, and other hardware on your mobile device
Skill Level Beginner
1. Considering the Need for Security
2. Securing an Android Device
3. Securing an iOS Device
4. Securing Device Hardware
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.