In this video Annyce shows you how to use the Realm RecyclerView adapter class in order to have auto-updating UIs.
- [Instructor] Now that we know how to query our data…we'll look at displaying it inside of a RecyclerView.…The most straightforward way is to get…the return result as a list…and just pass them to our adapter,…like we've done so many other times.…We're here inside of our RecipesActivity…and right underneath we get all of our recipes on line 52…let's hit Enter a few times…and we'll make a call to our Adapter.setRecipes method.…
And we're going to pass the list of allRecipes.…That's it, we can run the application now.…Once that's installed let's switch over to our emulator…and take a look.…We can see all of our recipes inside of our list.…So if we scroll we have our Cake,…the Pie, and the Pound Cake.…We don't need to do anything special outside…of standard Android components…in order to display Realm records in our UI.…
However, we can have more advanced integrations…if we take advantage of the Realm RecyclerViewAdapter.…We find out about this from the Realm documentation.…In the Working With Android section…we see that there's a special adapter Realm has created…
To begin, Annyce Davis reviews using the de facto data persistence solution available on Android: SQLite. She takes you through basic SQLite concepts—such as how to create a database wrapper and insert data into a table—as well as a few more advanced topics. Next, she covers working with Cupboard, an open-source project dedicated to simplifying your SQLite interactions. To wrap up, she dives into working with Realm, an object database solution designed with mobile devices in mind. Throughout the course, Annyce discusses establishing relationships between database tables, creating and running queries, as well as performing data migrations.
- Overview of SQLite
- Defining a database table's schema
- Exploring SQLite create table syntax
- Executing create table statements
- Inserting data with a foreign key relation
- Inspecting the database using a terminal
- Updating and deleting records
- Working with Cupboard
- Working with Realm
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/24/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover working with Room.
Learning Firebase Cloud Messaging for Androidwith Joe Marini52m 49s Intermediate
1. SQLite Basics
2. SQLite Beyond the Basics
3. Working with Room
4. Working with Cupboard
5. Realm Basics
6. Realm Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.