Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video Developing MyHomeWeather: Wunder Bar, part of Programming the Internet of Things with Android.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Let's start developing the MyHomeWeather App.…We're gonna begin by onboarding our Wunder Bar.…We're gonna use the Wunder Bar SDK,…which requires logging in, because the way in which…the Wunder Bar works, remember, is that it goes…from your phone to the cloud, your cloud to the Wunder Bar,…the Wunder Bar to the Peripheral via Bluetooth,…and then all the way back.…And finally, we'll learn how…to request sensor data from the cloud.…We're gonna use the Relayr Wunder Bar SDK…to build a little, simple MyHomeWeather App.…
This is gonna be derived from a demo…that the people at Relayr supply,…and just like we did with the Bluetooth thing,…I've simplified it a little bit…and extended it a little bit…in order to be able to show you…how to work this particular device.…But first, before we start building it,…let's go ahead and see it in action.…So we'll go ahead and fire-up MyHomeWeather.…And you can see right now here in the booth,…it's 29 degrees Centigrade and 34% humidity,…and as I did when we were using the Relayr App,…
- Exploring the Internet of Things
- Understanding sensors and effectors
- Connecting inputs and outputs
- Connecting to devices via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- Creating Bluetooth apps using Android
- Creating your own things with programmable hardware
- Using IFTTT to program things
- Exploring the trends in things
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Note-Taking App for Android (2013)with David Gassner3h 7m Intermediate
Connecting Android Apps to RESTful Web Serviceswith David Gassner3h 24m Intermediate
Programming the Internet of Things with iOSwith Michael Lehman2h 49m Intermediate
1. The Internet of Things (IoT)
2. Composing a Thing
3. Connecting to Things
4. Creating Things
5. Managing Your Things
6. The Future of IoT
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.