Discover why app icon design is important for app store optimization. This video covers the three key elements that will help you create a better app icon.
- [Instructor] The first thing you see…when you go to Google Play…or the iOS App Store are icons.…Dozens and dozens of icons…all on display and vying for our attention.…Each of them inviting us to click on the icon…with the hopes that we will then install the app.…While your app icon is not something…that can be indexed to help your app rank higher,…it is a key element, that when designed right…will help your app stand out…in a list of app search results,…so users click through.…Here are some key elements to consider…when designing an app icon…to help your app store optimization.…
Unless you have household, name-brand recognition,…avoid putting words into your app icon.…Your app name and description are for words.…You use your app icon to support…your overall visual brand.…There are, of course,…exceptions to this recommendation.…If your brand logo contains words,…and you are using that for your app icon,…that can work in your benefit.…Your app icon needs to communicate…what it does or represents at a glance.…When you're designing your icon…
- Comparing the App Store and Google Play store
- How Apple and Google rank your app
- Choosing an app name, keywords, and category
- Writing a description for your app
- App indexing
- Deep linking
- Creating icons, screenshots, and demo videos
- Monitoring ASO performance
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/14/2017. What changed?
A: We added one video, "How the iTunes App Store ranks your app," which helps you understand the determining factors, such as app name and length, that affect how your app ranks in App Store search results.