App screenshots won't help you rank higher in app store search, but they will help get users to download your app. This video covers the key elements of a good screenshot.
- [Teacher] Let's talk about the role…screenshots play in ASO.…Your app title, description, reviews,…and number of downloads will all help…get your app to rank higher in search results.…But we have very short attention spans,…which means once you get someone to your app page,…you're only going to have a few seconds…to get them to decide to download your app.…So when it comes to convincing someone…in five seconds or less to download your app,…you're going to need to rely on your app screenshots…to get people to take the next step…of reading your description and any reviews…as the final steps before installing your app.…
Even the app stores think the screenshots are important…in getting people to download your app.…In both Google Play and the App Store,…an app's screenshots appear above the description,…and are more prominent than the reviews.…Because visual communication is faster…than written communication,…focusing on your app's design…and creating screenshots that are visually appealing…should be high on your app launch prep list.…
- Comparing the App Store and Google Play store
- How Apple and Google rank your app
- Choosing an app name, keywords, and category
- Writing a description for your app
- App indexing
- Deep linking
- Creating icons, screenshots, and demo videos
- Monitoring ASO performance
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/14/2017. What changed?
A: We added one video, "How the iTunes App Store ranks your app," which helps you understand the determining factors, such as app name and length, that affect how your app ranks in App Store search results.