Deep links to your app can have a major impact on your downloads which impacts your ranking. Learn why you need to follow this ASO tactic to drive more downloads.
- [Instructor] Deep linking is a methodology…for using a uniform resource identifier…to take users to a specific location…within a mobile app, rather than simply…opening the app to the home screen.…Deep links are quite common,…so you've likely encountered them before,…but to make sure, let's look at an example.…If we clicked on a link, and it took us to…the app's home screen, this would not…be considered a deep link.…However, if the link we clicked on…took us to a screen within the app…that had more specific content,…like a screen that displayed all of my recent photos,…or a screen that showed a specific photo post,…those would be deep links,…because they are, well, deeper in the app.…
Deep links are important because they help…with both user acquisition and existing user…engagement and retention by getting them…directly to the content within your app…that they are interested in.…If you can provide a better user experience…than your competition, people will be…more likely to stay with your app.…Here's an example.…
- Comparing the App Store and Google Play store
- How Apple and Google rank your app
- Choosing an app name, keywords, and category
- Writing a description for your app
- App indexing
- Deep linking
- Creating icons, screenshots, and demo videos
- Monitoring ASO performance
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/14/2017. What changed?
A: We added one video, "How the iTunes App Store ranks your app," which helps you understand the determining factors, such as app name and length, that affect how your app ranks in App Store search results.