Learn about Visual Studio Code shortcuts and some Android specific debugging tips, such as how to view device logs
- [Instructor] Before diving into the code,…I want to show you a few useful tips.…In Visual Studio Code, you can easily jump…to another file by pressing CTRL + P…or CMD + P if you're on a Mac…and then start typing the file name.…When you find the file you want,…you can press enter to open it in the editor.…In the same window, if you enter a greater than sign,…you can search and run commands.…
You can press CTRL + shift + P…or CMD + shift + P to start the same window.…This is my favorite shortcut…and I probably use it 100 times a day.…If you have installed the React Native tool extension,…you can type runa here without spaces…and press enter to go and run…your React Native code on Android.…You can also start or stop the React Native packager here.…Startp for start React packager.…
When the app is started, you can check out…its logs in the upload window.…So back to this search window,…we can type output…and there is a toggle output.…We'll select that and we'll see a new window.…It will only display the logs that the current app produces…
- Using material design principles
- Working with units and measurements
- Using elevation and drop shadows
- Leveraging grids and keylines
- Setting up React Native for Android
- Building floating action buttons
- Creating an immersive experience
- Adding motion and transitions
- Animating icons
- Using component libraries
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Data Persistence Librarieswith Annyce Davis4h 52m Intermediate
React Native Ecosystem and Workflowwith Emmanuel Henri1h 3m Intermediate
1. Material Design Overview
2. Tools and Environment Setup
3. Build the Materials with React Native
4. Material Motion with React Native
5. Component Libraries
Library selection strategy3m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.