Learn how to customize the home screen: change the background or wallpaper; add app icons, launchers, and widgets; build folders full of apps; add and remove apps from the Favorites Tray; and remove launchers and widgets you no longer use.
- [Instructor] Just as you can change a computer's desktop,…you can customize the Android's home screen.…You can change the background, you can add and remove items…and you can arrange things just the way you like.…To change the background,…long press a blank part of the home screen.…Now, if you need to swipe left or right…to find a blank home screen page, do so.…Choose the Wallpapers or Set Wallpaper item…from the home screen menu.…Not every method for changing wallpaper…works exactly like this but it's similar.…You tap to select a new wallpaper from the images displayed…or you can choose My Photos here to select an image…that you've taken with the device's camera.…
To confirm your choice, tap the Set Wallpaper button.…On some devices such as this one,…you're prompted to set the wallpaper for the home screen,…the lock screen or both the home and lock screens…at the same time.…You might also be prompted to crop the image.…I'm going to choose Home Screen here.…To set separate wallpaper for the lock screen,…repeat these steps.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
Google Drive Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton1h 30m Appropriate for all
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.