Explore options for changing the device's wallpaper or background. Choose a preset image for the wallpaper. Install a live or animated wallpaper. Use photos from your Android as the home screen or lock screen wallpaper. Rearrange and move launchers (icons) and widgets. Move items between home screen pages. Resize a widget. Remove icons and widgets from the home screen.
- [Narrator] Like many things on your Android phone…or tablet, the home screen can be customized.…The most common ways to customize the home screen…are to change the background image, or wallpaper,…and to rearrange the position of icons, launchers,…and widgets, as well as remove,…icons, launchers, and widgets.…Another movie in this course deals with…adding launchers and widgets to the home screen.…To change the home screen background,…long press a blank part of the home screen,…and if you need to, swipe left or right…until you find a blank home screen page.…
After long pressing, you see a home screen menu.…It may not look exactly like the one shown here.…Sometimes, just the command names are listed.…Anyway, choose the wallpapers or set wallpapers item.…At this point, the Android may ask…whether you want to set the home screen,…lock screen, or both screens.…If so, choose home screen only at this point.…Other Androids may ask after you set the wallpaper.…Now wallpapers themselves, they come in three…different flavors.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Understanding the Home screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. Managing Apps
4. Your Mobile Address Book
5. Mobile Email
6. On the Phone
7. The Mobile Web
8. Smile for the Camera
9. From Here to There
10. Plan Your Day
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.