Learn how to change the volume while you're in a call. In addition, explore how to set the phone's ring tone for incoming calls as well as for notifications, add a pause or prompt to a number for dialing out, and add the pause or prompt to a contact's phone number.
- [Instructor] A few things you might want to customate…for a phone call include setting the call volume,…changing the ring tone, plus the method by which you can add…pauses to a phone number.…To set in-call volume, use the phone's volume key,…found on the side of the device.…Some phones may feature a volume switch on the back.…Press the top part of the key to increase volume.…The bottom part decreases volume.…And you can change volume during a call.…Doing so won't disconnect you.…You can set overall volume for the Android at any time…by pressing the volume key.…A slider control appears on the touchscreen.…
Slide it left or right to make the volume louder or softer.…Specific volume control is available…through the Settings app.…Open the Settings app.…Choose Sound.…On Samsung devices, choose Sounds and Vibrations,…then Volume.…Media Volume governs sounds from video, games, music,…and so on.…(chime)…Alarm volume is specific to phone alarms.…(alarm rings)…The ring or ring tone volume adjusts incoming call volumes,…ring tones, and general sound levels.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.