Learn how to create a new event quickly by using Week view and choosing the approximate date and time. Find out how to fill in plenty of event details, including the location to make the Calendar notification truly useful; create event reminders to alert you to your schedule and all-day and multi-day events; build repeating events; and update Calendar categories on the internet.
- [Instructor] The easiest way to schedule…an event in the Calendar app is from week view.…Choose week from the navigation drawer,…and display the day of the event.…For example say January 26th.…You can use the add button to create a new event,…but it's quicker to date the date…and approximate time for the new event.…Say 6:00 p.m., January 26th, tap,…and then tap that square again to see the new event card.…Your task is to fill in this card with…as much detail about the event as necessary.…
You type an event or title.…This is the name that appears on your schedule.…The name can be a description of the event,…title, or just the name of there person you're meeting.…Done.…If you created a calendar category, choose it.…Otherwise, event is fine.…Here I'm going to choose personal because well,…a birthday is a personal event.…Do not choose the device or phone calendar categories.…These categories aren't coordinated…with your Google account or other Android devices.…
Set the starting date and time which should…be accurate if you touch the right day…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
Google Drive Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton1h 30m Appropriate for all
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.