Don't take your app title for granted. It is an important signal to Google Play and the App Store in determining how your app will get ranked in search results.
- [Instructor] When creating your App Title…here's some guidelines to follow.…One of the worse things you can do with an app name…is to attempt to be overly cleaver.…Let the consumer know what your app does…and how it can benefit them.…Don't try to confuse them.…Don't get cute with the name.…For both indexing and conversion consider using…specific features in your app name.…It is important for ASO and it is important for conversion…as users understand immediately what problems…your app solves or what to expect upon install.…
Try to stay away from overly technical Jargon…and amusing plays on words…in favor of simple names that help users find your app…and understand what your app does.…However, if you are a well-established brand…within your space, you have more flexibility…and can break some of these rules.…A great example of this is Snapseed.…This was originally launched by Nik Software…a very well-known and respected company that developed…professional quality desktop software for photographers.…Their app Snapseed doesn't tell you its a photo editor.…
- Comparing the App Store and Google Play store
- How Apple and Google rank your app
- Choosing an app name, keywords, and category
- Writing a description for your app
- App indexing
- Deep linking
- Creating icons, screenshots, and demo videos
- Monitoring ASO performance
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/14/2017. What changed?
A: We added one video, "How the iTunes App Store ranks your app," which helps you understand the determining factors, such as app name and length, that affect how your app ranks in App Store search results.