Learn how to choose a proper online account to associate new contacts so that the contacts are coordinated with the account and other devices. Also, learn how to assign frequent contacts to the Favorites group and use the Phone app's history to quickly create a new contact.
- [Instructor] You need to train yourself…to create new address book entries…as you go about your day, meet new people,…connect with new businesses, or simply have a few idle hours…to copy over names and addresses from your old Rolodex.…Don't worry if you think this process takes too much time.…I'll show you a few shortcuts later in the movie.…For now, to build a contact from scratch,…open the address book app.…Tap the add contact icon.…Now, it may not look as it does here.…It could be a button that says new contact.…Contacts are associated with your online accounts.…On this device, the Google account is shown,…meaning that this new contact is added…to my Google address book.…
On other devices, you may be prompted…to choose an account for the contact.…So if you use Yahoo as your primary email account,…choose that account to add the contact…to your Yahoo address book.…And whatever account you choose,…the contact information is available…to all other devices that use that account.…That's why this choice is important.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.