Use the Contacts or People app to build a new contact. The minimum information required for a new contact is a name and phone number. Add additional information if it's known, including email, location, and so on. Tap the star icon to add a contact to the Favorites group. Use the Phone app's Call History list to add phone numbers to existing contacts or to create a new contact.
- [Narrator] You want to create a new Address Book entry…on your Android whenever you meet someone new.…Or perhaps, you have a few idle hours…and you want to copy names and numbers…from your old Rolodex.…Don't worry if you think this process takes too much time.…I'll show you a few shortcuts later in this movie.…For now, to build a new contact from scratch,…open the Address Book app.…Remember that it could be called Contacts or People.…On this phone it's called Contacts.…Ensure that you are viewing all the contacts…and not the Favorites or any specific group.…
Tap the New Contact icon.…It may look like as it does here, a big plus sign.…It could be a button that says New Contact.…Contacts are associated with one of your online accounts.…On this device, the Google account is shown,…that's my Gmail address there.…This means that the new contact I create…will be added to my Google address book.…On other devices, you may be prompted…to choose an account for the contact…or you may see a button…from which you can choose another account.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Understanding the Home screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. Managing Apps
4. Your Mobile Address Book
5. Mobile Email
6. On the Phone
7. The Mobile Web
8. Smile for the Camera
9. From Here to There
10. Plan Your Day
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.