Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a Bluetooth scanner app, part of Programming the Internet of Things with Android.
- One of the most challenging things to do on Android…when working with the internet of things…is connecting to another device using Bluetooth low energy.…So what we're gonna do is build a very simple…Bluetooth Scanner App.…It's gonna connect up to a sample peripheral…and get some notifications.…And the way this gonna work…is I've taken the Bluetooth low energy sample app…from Google that they distributed…on the developer.android.com site,…and I've stripped it down…because there's a whole bunch of extra UI type things…that make it a little bit confusing,…and we're gonna break it down and put it together…one piece at a time and have it connect up…to a very specific peripheral,…and go get a very specific characteristic…so you can see how the pieces work.…
Then you can take this framework…and use this to build an app to talk to…other Bluetooth devices of your own choosing.…So this app is gonna operate…as a Bluetooth low energy central,…meaning it's gonna scan for peripherals…that are advertising saying,…"Hey, I'm here."…
- Exploring the Internet of Things
- Understanding sensors and effectors
- Connecting inputs and outputs
- Connecting to devices via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- Creating Bluetooth apps using Android
- Creating your own things with programmable hardware
- Using IFTTT to program things
- Exploring the trends in things
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Note-Taking App for Android (2013)with David Gassner3h 7m Intermediate
Connecting Android Apps to RESTful Web Serviceswith David Gassner3h 24m Intermediate
Programming the Internet of Things with iOSwith Michael Lehman2h 49m Intermediate
1. The Internet of Things (IoT)
2. Composing a Thing
3. Connecting to Things
4. Creating Things
5. Managing Your Things
6. The Future of IoT
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.