The SignInUI class, along with the AWSMobileClient, implements all the forms of user authentication that have been set up on the Mobile Hub. Matt runs the list maker app and creates a new user account using email and password authentication.
- [Instructor] So obviously,…this is just the totally default interface…and you can do a little bit of customization to this.…Like, you can change the logo.…You have the ability to change the background colors…a little bit and the font,…and in fact, if I go back over to the developer guide…in Chrome, they actually provide a quick little link…for how you can customize your UI.…But out of the box, the options are pretty limited…for how you can reconfigure that sign-in screen,…and if you want to create a fully customized layout…for your sign-in screen, then you're gonna have…to do some work that's well beyond the scope of this course.…
But there is a good article…that I wanted to draw your attention to by Adrian Hall,…and this just goes through everything…that you need to do if you do want to create…a totally customized UI for signing in…using Amazon Cognito and Kotlin.…So that's a great resource if you wanna take a look at that.…But for our demo app,…we are just gonna be using the default interface.…So now I'm gonna go back to Android studio and to my app.…
- Creating a project on AWS Mobile Hub
- Adding user authentication with AWS
- Setting up user sign in and sign out
- Setting up user sign in with Google and Facebook
- Adding AWS DynamoDB for data storage
- Performing database queries and updates
- Amazon Pinpoint, AWS Device Farm, and AWS AppSync
Skill Level Intermediate
Advanced Android Espresso Testingwith Chiu-Ki Chan1h 37m Advanced
Android App Development: Accessibilitywith Renato Iwashima2h 56m Intermediate
Android App Development: Enterprise Integrationwith Jon-Luke West47m 51s Intermediate
What you should know1m 34s
1. Introduction to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
2. Add User Authentication with AWS
3. Add AWS DynamoDB for Data Storage
4. Other AWS Services
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.