The store listing includes a variety of graphics. Every app must have at least two screenshots created on phones, and a feature graphic. The sizes of these graphics are described in the Developer Console. Optionally, you can provide screenshots of the app running on tablets. If you do not provide these, the app will be marked "Designed for phones".
- [Instructor] Before you publish your app,…you need to provide a set of marketing graphics.…You need at least two screenshots from the app…running on a phone, and then optionally,…you can provide tablet images.…If you don't provide tablet images,…your app will be marked design for phones.…If you do want the app to be shown as a tablet-based app,…you need to provide both a seven-inch and a 10-inch image.…Now you may not have all of these devices,…but you can build everything you need using virtual devices.…
You'll also need a high-resolution icon,…which you probably already have even if you don't know it,…and you'll need to create a feature graphic.…And I'll show you an easy way to do that.…You don't need the promo graphic.…That's for older versions of Android,…and you only need a TV banner if you're publishing your app…for Android TV.…If you like, you can provide a promo video on YouTube…and then that will be displayed in both the app store…on the web, and on devices.…So let's go back to the screenshots.…You need to provide between two and eight screenshots…
- Packaging apps in APK files
- Building a signed APK file
- Distributing through Google Play
- Adding app graphics
- Setting pricing
- Publishing the app
- Submitting an app to Amazon
- Tracking app use in Google Play and Amazon
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Game App with the Android SDKwith David Gassner2h 6m Intermediate
1. Know Your Distribution Options
2. Package and Test the App
3. Distribute through the Google Play Store
4. Distribute through Amazon
5. Track an App's Usage
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.