See how to set up new DynamoDB tables for the list maker app in the AWS Mobile Hub. Learn how to define tables with partition keys and sort keys, as well as how to create a table for storing list names and another for storing list items.
- [Instructor] So in our demo app,…we have these two data objects, ListNamesDO and ListItemsDO…that store all of our data,…and one represents the names of the lists,…and the other represents the list items themselves.…And we need to create tables in DynamoDB…to store this data.…So, I'm first gonna go over to the mobile hub,…and I'm gonna click on my project.…Then I'm gonna scroll down and add more backend features,…and I'm gonna click on NoSQL Database,…and I want to Enable NoSQL,…and I'm gonna add a table by clicking Add Table.…
Then if I scroll down, it's asking me…how would I like to define the schema for my table.…There are some example tables you can use…that give you a completely filled-out schema…that you can start from,…so if any of these tables looks similar to your app,…you can use one of these as a starting point if you'd like.…Or they also have this wizard, and if you use that,…it'll ask you a series of questions…about how your data is used…and then try to suggest a schema that will work for you.…
But for our demo, I'm just gonna choose custom…
- Creating a project on AWS Mobile Hub
- Adding user authentication with AWS
- Setting up user sign in and sign out
- Setting up user sign in with Google and Facebook
- Adding AWS DynamoDB for data storage
- Performing database queries and updates
- Amazon Pinpoint, AWS Device Farm, and AWS AppSync
Skill Level Intermediate
Advanced Android Espresso Testingwith Chiu-Ki Chan1h 37m Advanced
Android App Development: Accessibilitywith Renato Iwashima2h 56m Intermediate
Android App Development: Enterprise Integrationwith Jon-Luke West47m 51s Intermediate
What you should know1m 34s
1. Introduction to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
2. Add User Authentication with AWS
3. Add AWS DynamoDB for Data Storage
4. Other AWS Services
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.