Using the Amazon Web Services Mobile Hub to create a new project is the first step in adding AWS to an Android app. Get a tour of the AWS Mobile Hub and watch as Matt creates a new project for the list maker Android app.
- [Instructor] Okay, so now…that we have our AWS account created,…the next thing that I wanna do is create a new project…for our list maker Android app in the AWS Mobile Hub.…So here I'm logged into the management console…and I wanna select Mobile Hub…so that I can create a new mobile project.…Now if you already have projects set up,…you would see a list of your existing projects here,…but since we haven't created any yet,…it's prompting us to create a new project…on one of these four platforms.…
You can see here they've got React Native…or Java Script web app,…or an Android or iOS app…and we are gonna select Android.…Then step two is asking me…whether I wanna Cloud enable an existing app…or start a tutorial…and if you are interested in going through the tutorial,…it actually has that demo note taking app…that you can download and it implements…some user authentication and Cloud data storage…just like I'm implementing in this app,…so that can be a good resource for you,…if you would like to go through it,…but for now I'm just gonna click Start…
- Creating a project on AWS Mobile Hub
- Adding user authentication with AWS
- Setting up user sign in and sign out
- Setting up user sign in with Google and Facebook
- Adding AWS DynamoDB for data storage
- Performing database queries and updates
- Amazon Pinpoint, AWS Device Farm, and AWS AppSync
Skill Level Intermediate
Advanced Android Espresso Testingwith Chiu-Ki Chan1h 37m Advanced
Android App Development: Accessibilitywith Renato Iwashima2h 56m Intermediate
Android App Development: Enterprise Integrationwith Jon-Luke West47m 51s Intermediate
What you should know1m 34s
1. Introduction to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
2. Add User Authentication with AWS
3. Add AWS DynamoDB for Data Storage
4. Other AWS Services
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.