In this video, Emmanuel Henri explores how to use the layout classes in your widget development.
- [Instructor] Now let's go ahead and add a few items … to our widgets so we can build out some interactions … in the widget. … So the first thing we going to do is get to … this particular file here. … So if you don't have test.xml open go into the layout folder … in the resources folder and then click on test. … Once you have that open, … you should see something that is similar to this. … You could also see something like this. … So this is the code aspect of doing the interface, … but you can also do it from the design side. … So if you're more familiar with the actual code, … you can actually do it here, … or you can do it in the design. … So I'm going to do it in the design and then we're going to take … a look at what it looks like in the coding area. … The first thing I'm going to do is grab this guy … and add another one. … But before we actually do that, … let's do one minor change in here as opposed … to the relative layout, we're going to do a linear layout. … So all you have to do is double-click on that name …
- Design guidelines for Android widgets
- Creating the widget layout
- Working with the AppWidgetProvider class
- Adding functionality with provider functions
- Pinning app widgets