Learn how to create variations between the builds that allow the app to be deployed appropriately.
- [Instructor] Now let's say for the paid version…I want to change the primary theme colors used…and add an extra button to the main activity.…I could also add entirely new sets of features…like a notification system…or archive viewer but I'm going to keep it simple…for the sake of this example.…On the bottom left-hand side of the screen,…you will see a tab called Build Variants.…Click that to open up a list of modules…and their available build variants.…You will see that the current selected variant is FreeDebug.…
Click that and select paidDebug…to switch your source set over to that variant.…Because nothing is different yet,…you shouldn't see anything change.…So, in our project outline,…let's open the Resources folder,…expand the values directory…and open the colors.xml file.…Let's minimize this build window…to give us some more room to work.…This is what is being used in all build variants…at the moment…and we need to define a unique set of these values…for the paid variant.…
Double click in any empty space…in the file to select everything…
- Exploring the distribution options
- Cleaning up your code
- Building a signed APK file
- Configuring build types and variants
- Distributing through Google Play
- Adding app graphics
- Setting pricing
- Publishing the app in Google Play
- Submitting an app to Amazon
- Tracking app use in Google Play and Amazon
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Adminwith Irene Radcliffe5h 21m Intermediate
1. Know Your Distribution Options
2. Package an App for Distribution
3. Distribute through the Google Play Store
4. Distribute through Amazon
5. Track an App's Usage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.