RealmObject is an abstract class that contains several methods for interacting with your application’s Realm. Learn how it is used in this video.
- [Narrator] Realm Models are created,…by extending the RealmObject base class.…In this example, we simply take our plain recipe class…and make an extend RealmObject.…Then once we add our fields as usual,…these fields will become the columns or properties…used in the Realm schema.…RealmObject is a abstract class…that contains several methods…for interacting with your applications Realm.…The fields of your Realm model,…can be any of the primitive types…and their box variance, except for char,…and finally you can use annotations…in your Realm model class…to denote special properties of your fields.…
For instance, there is the @PrimaryKey annotation…that you can apply to a field to denote…that this field should be treated…as the primary key and is thus unique.…The @Required annotation is used to prevent null values…from being persisted in the given column.…There is also the @Index annotation.…This is used to help speed up queries…against a certain field.…And finally, the @Ignore annotation.…
This can be used for fields…
To begin, Annyce Davis reviews using the de facto data persistence solution available on Android: SQLite. She takes you through basic SQLite concepts—such as how to create a database wrapper and insert data into a table—as well as a few more advanced topics. Next, she covers working with Cupboard, an open-source project dedicated to simplifying your SQLite interactions. To wrap up, she dives into working with Realm, an object database solution designed with mobile devices in mind. Throughout the course, Annyce discusses establishing relationships between database tables, creating and running queries, as well as performing data migrations.
- Overview of SQLite
- Defining a database table's schema
- Exploring SQLite create table syntax
- Executing create table statements
- Inserting data with a foreign key relation
- Inspecting the database using a terminal
- Updating and deleting records
- Working with Cupboard
- Working with Realm
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/24/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover working with Room.
Android App Development: Unit Testingwith James P White2h 58m Intermediate
Learning Firebase Cloud Messaging for Androidwith Joe Marini52m 49s Intermediate
1. SQLite Basics
2. SQLite Beyond the Basics
3. Working with Room
4. Working with Cupboard
5. Realm Basics
6. Realm Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.