Join Albert Lo for an in-depth discussion in this video Create an IabGateway, part of Android App Development: In-App Purchasing.
- [Instructor] Before we construct our IabGateway,…let's pull in the Gradle dependency for Billing Manager.…So let's select Gradle Scripts, and I'm going to select…the build.gradle for commonsharedlib.…Let's go down to line 31,…and let's copy everything on that line,…and paste it into the line below.…Instead of support,…I'm going to use the Gradle dependency named billingclient.…
Let's replace appcompat with the name billing,…and our version will be 1.0.…Now there may be newer versions,…so I would recommend that you check out the web page…on implementing Google App Billing…for details on the latest version to use.…Let's do a Gradle sync.…Okay, so now let's do a Gradle clean.…And there are no build errors.…Now let's create our IabGateway.…So in our project view, let's select app,…and let's select the photos integration package,…and select Iab package, and let's right-mouse,…select new, java class.…
The name of our class is IabGateway.…And let's click okay.…Now let's define a private static string.…The name of the string is tag, and the value of the string…
- Setting up an existing app for In-app Billing
- Working with the Gradle build system
- Registering a keystore
- Defining and accessing Gradle build configuration parameters from code
- Setting up a payments merchant account
- Setting up IAB test accounts
- Publishing the APK to Google Play alpha
- Defining managed products and subscription products
- Implementing In-app Billing
- Testing in-app purchases
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/20/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: UI setup for in-app billing, adding public key, publishing your APK to Google Play alpha, and implementing in-app billing.
Android App Development: RESTful Web Serviceswith David Gassner2h 49m Intermediate
1. UI Setup for In-App Billing
2. Understanding the Gradle Build System
3. Setting Up for In-App Billing
4. Defining In-App Products
5. Implement In-App Billing
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.