The AmazonDynamoDBClient and DynamoDBMapper classes provided by AWS can be used to communicate with DynamoDB. Matt creates instances of these objects in the AWSProvider class so they can be used to read and write data in the list maker app.
- [Lecturer] So now that we've imported those model objects…that we downloaded from the mobile hub,…the next thing that we're going to do…is create a couple of new classes…that will help us communicate with the database.…So I'm here in my AWSProvider class…and I'm going to add a couple of new properties.…First one I'm gonna call dbClient,…and that's gonna be an instance of AmazonDynamoDBClient.…And what that object will do…is handle the network communication…between our project and DynamoDB.…
Then I'm going to add another property,…I'm gonna call that dbMapper,…which is an instance of DynamoDBMapper,…and that object will handle the mapping…between our database and our ListNamesDO…and ListItemsDO objects.…So now I'll write an accessor method…that'll return our AmazonDynamoDBClient,…and initialize it if necessary,…and I'll just call that function getAmazonDynamoDBClient.…
So if our client is null, I'll create one,…and to create the client…we need what's called a credentialsProvider object,…and we can get that from the identity manager.…
- Creating a project on AWS Mobile Hub
- Adding user authentication with AWS
- Setting up user sign in and sign out
- Setting up user sign in with Google and Facebook
- Adding AWS DynamoDB for data storage
- Performing database queries and updates
- Amazon Pinpoint, AWS Device Farm, and AWS AppSync
Skill Level Intermediate
Advanced Android Espresso Testingwith Chiu-Ki Chan1h 37m Advanced
Android App Development: Accessibilitywith Renato Iwashima2h 56m Intermediate
Android App Development: Enterprise Integrationwith Jon-Luke West47m 51s Intermediate
What you should know1m 34s
1. Introduction to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
2. Add User Authentication with AWS
3. Add AWS DynamoDB for Data Storage
4. Other AWS Services
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.