Learn what crash reporting tools are, and why they are so important to Android developers. Albert Lo will also introduce Crashlytics for the online course "Building Android Applications: Cloud Services."
- [Instructor] If we are developing…inside Android studio,…finding and fixing crashes…that you may encounter…is straightforward.…If the user encounters a crash…within our app,…then finding and fixing that bug…becomes very important.…However, it is not as easy to fix.…We need precise details about the crash…in order to isolate the line of code…causing the crash,…analyze the root cause,…and come up with a solution to fix the crash.…Furthermore, we don't want to wait around…for the user to discover the crash.…
Ideally, we would want…to find and fix the crash…before it becomes a big problem…in the field with many users.…Crash reporting tools allow us to do just that.…When a crash occurs in a app,…the crash reporting system…uploads the crash log to a server…and provides us with information…about the crash…that we cannot otherwise get…from the remote user.…As Android app development…increases in complexity,…these crash reporting systems are vital…to the app development's cycle.…
Furthermore, an Android app's…crash free rate…is a common metric used by many development teams…
- Configuring Android Studio
- Getting started with Fabric.io
- Preparing for Fabric.io release
- Deploying to Fabric.io Beta
- Testing beta deployment
- Setting up Fabric.io Answers
- Defining and implementing the analytics model
- Defining interfaces for analytics
- Defining and implementing the analytics trackers
- Implementing the analytics client
- Setting up a Firebase console
- Testing Firebase authentication
- Implementing and verifying remote configuration
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Unit Testingwith James P White2h 59m Intermediate
Google Firebase for Android: First Lookwith Joe Marini1h 16m Intermediate
1. Crash Reporting
2. Crashlytics Beta for Beta Deployment
3. Use Analytics
4. Firebase Authentication
5. Firebase Remote Configuration
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.