Learn how to activate the Android's Bluetooth radio and scan for and connect with wireless Bluetooth peripherals. Explore how to connect a keyboard, headset, or even a car to your Android; review Bluetooth connections; and unpair or forget an established connection.
- [Instructor] The Bluetooth standard lets you wirelessly…connect your Android to peripherals,…such as a headset, keyboard, or even an automobile.…Connecting your phone or tablet to a Bluetooth…peripheral involves three steps.…You turn on the Bluetooth radio,…you pair your Android with a Bluetooth device,…and then you use the device.…Once paired, your Android can use…the peripheral at any time, as long…as the Bluetooth radio is active…and both devices are turned on, you're in business.…The first step to connecting a Bluetooth peripheral…is to ensure that the Android's Bluetooth radio is on.…
This setting can be made from within the Settings app,…but I'd like to show you a shortcut.…Use two fingers to swipe down the touchscreen…to display the quick settings.…Tap the Bluetooth button to activate…the Android's Bluetooth radio.…On the status bar, you see the Bluetooth icon.…That's your signal that the Bluetooth radio is active.…To scan for an pair with Bluetooth peripherals,…open the Settings app.…
Choose Connected Devices, and choose Bluetooth.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.