- View Offline
- Working with background threads
- Defining background tasks
- Requesting content with HTTP requests
- Parsing web service responses
- Downloading data, including images
- Sending HTTP parameters to the server
- Using higher-level client libraries like Volley and OkHttp
- Managing an app's networking abilities
Skill Level Intermediate
(upbeat music) - [Voiceover] My name is David Gassner and this is Connecting Android Apps to RESTful Web Services. In this course, I'll start by showing you how to retrieve content from web services first using simple get requests to work with services that return data in XML and JSON formats. I'll describe different ways of making these requests using built in classes in the Android STK and open source libraries that you can freely incorporate into your projects.
I'll then describe how to make more complex requests including authenticating requests with secured services, sending parameters in get and post requests and formatting post requests in JSON. I hope this course helps you get started working with Android's networking capabilities.