Learn how to add a pause to a phone number. Use the comma character to add a 2-second pause, for example to dial an extension after reaching a main number. Use the semicolon to add a Wait prompt; tap OK to dial the rest of the number. Use the Volume key to set the phone's volume in a call. Use the Settings app's Sound item to control volume settings for the phone. Choose a new ringtone in the Settings app. Select a new notification ringtone.
- [Narrator] Your android phone has powers…and abilities far beyond those of a mere mortal phone.…In fact, the typical landline phone…from the 1970s would tremble in terror…over some of the phone options and settings…that today are considered basic…or even ho-hum.…These features include adding pauses while dialing,…setting volume options,…and crafting interesting ringtones.…You don't really dial a phone number…when you use your android phone.…No, you compose it.…Start the phone app…and summon the dial pad.…
Punch in a number.…When you tap the phone icon,…that number is dialed all at once.…It's spewed out into the phone system…like water from a hose.…Occasionally, however,…you might need to insert a pause into the number.…For example, you can program your phone…to dial a main desk number, pause,…and then dial an extension.…To add a pause to the number,…you compose the number in the phone app,…just as you normally would,…then tap the action overflow…or on a Samsung phone tap the more button…and then choose add two second pause.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Understanding the Home screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Intermediate
1. Basic Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. Managing Apps
4. Your Mobile Address Book
5. Mobile Email
6. On the Phone
7. The Mobile Web
8. Smile for the Camera
9. From Here to There
10. Plan Your Day
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.