Learn how to add email accounts to an Android phone or tablet. Choose the account type: IMAP for webmail, POP3 for traditional ISP email, and Exchange for Outlook or Exchange Server email. The email address and password is all that's needed to configure most new accounts. Set the email account name. Change the Sync Frequency to keep mail updated. Use the Refresh technique to update an inbox.
- [Instructor] An Android phone or tablet is more than…up to the task of handling all your email.…Gmail does it naturally, because Gmail is associated…with your Google account.…All other email is handled through the email app.…Now the current trend is to have the Gmail app…handle everything, all your Android's email.…But on some phones and tablets, the Gmail app…only handles Gmail and a separate app called Email…handles the rest of your email.…However it works adding a new account happens the same way.…Now your Gmail account was configured during initial setup.…
After that you can add additional…email accounts to your device.…While you might look at all your email accounts the same,…the Android classifies them into different types.…There are web mail accounts, corporate email,…and then traditional ISP email.…The procedure for adding each account type is similar.…You start in the settings app and choose accounts.…Here you see accounts associated with this device.…To add a new account, an email account, choose add account.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Understanding the Home screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. Managing Apps
4. Your Mobile Address Book
5. Mobile Email
6. On the Phone
7. The Mobile Web
8. Smile for the Camera
9. From Here to There
10. Plan Your Day
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.