Many apps in the Play store are free to download, but then monetize through in-app purchases. In-app products can be one-time purchases, like upgrades to a more full-featured version of the product, consumable resources that a purchaser can buy and use up and subscription-based products that bill the user monthly or annually.
- [Instructor] Before we continue on…to publishing our app to the Google Play store,…I want to spend a minute to talk about in-app products.…From the Google Play Developer Console,…there is an In-app products section…right below the Pricing & distribution section on the left.…Click this to go to the In-app products section,…and hit OK to discard the pricing changes we made,…as the application will be marked as free.…
This is where you can configure in-app products…for your application…through the Google Play Billing service.…In order to enable in-app products,…you need to first add the billing permission…to your app's manifest.…You can then integrate your app…with the Google Play Billing Library and Developer API…to begin offering in-app purchases or subscriptions.…If you are interested in offering products for sale…in your app, I recommend taking a look…through the Google Play Billing documentation,…which you can find through the link…on the In-app products page, at the top,…or at the link I've provided here.…
- Exploring the distribution options
- Cleaning up your code
- Building a signed APK file
- Configuring build types and variants
- Distributing through Google Play
- Adding app graphics
- Setting pricing
- Publishing the app in Google Play
- Submitting an app to Amazon
- Tracking app use in Google Play and Amazon
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Adminwith Irene Radcliffe5h 21m Intermediate
1. Know Your Distribution Options
2. Package an App for Distribution
3. Distribute through the Google Play Store
4. Distribute through Amazon
5. Track an App's Usage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.