Learn how to start a new email message on your phone or tablet. In addition, explore how to select an account to send from, display the hidden CC and BCC fields, and use the address book to quickly send a message to a contact.
- [Instructor] To compose a new message,…start the Gmail app.…If your phone has an email app,…you can use it instead specifically to send email…by using a non-Google email account.…From the inbox screen, tap the compose icon.…Choose an account.…This is the account from which the message is sent,…which can be your Gmail account,…or any other email account available on the device.…Tap the to field and start typing the recipient's name…or email address.…
As you type, a list of matching contacts…from the address book appears,…choose one to select that person.…Otherwise, continue typing the full email address…and consider adding it later to your Android's address book.…Type another address if the message…is going to several recipients.…And if you need to use the CC or BCC fields,…tap the chevron by the to field.…You might instead need to tap an action overflow…and from that menu choose add CC, BCC.…
Tap the subject field and type a message subject.…Tap the compose email field to compose…the body of the message.…If you created a signature for the email account…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.