In both the Gmail and Email apps, you tap the Compose icon to begin a new message. Learn how to choose an email account to send from a specific account, and fill in recipient, subject, and other information. Summon the CC and BCC fields. Send a message. Save a message as a draft. Choose Discard from the action overflow to cancel a message. Start a new message using the device's address book app.
- [Narrator] Creating a new email message on your Android…works the same as creating email on a computer.…To compose a new message, start the Gmail app.…If your phone or tablet has an email app,…you can use it instead,…specifically to send email using a non-Google email account.…From the Inbox screen, tap the compose icon.…Choose an account.…Now, in Gmail you tap the From field…to select another account,…and here's shown the accounts I have registered…on this device.…I'll use Gmail.…
This procedure works differently in the email app…where you may tap an account button.…Fill in the To field.…As you type, a list of matching contacts…from the address book appears,…choose one to select that person,…or you can continue to type the address…if it's not already listed in the address book.…To send the message to multiple people,…type another contact name or email address.…And if you need to use the carbon copy…or blind carbon copy fields…and they don't appear automatically,…tap the chevron by the To field and they show up.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Understanding the Home screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Intermediate
1. Basic Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. Managing Apps
4. Your Mobile Address Book
5. Mobile Email
6. On the Phone
7. The Mobile Web
8. Smile for the Camera
9. From Here to There
10. Plan Your Day
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.