The app requires a store listing that includes a title, a short description, a long description, marketing graphics, and other information. The Developer console guides you through the process of creating the listing, and shows you when the listing is incomplete. You must complete this listing before publishing your app.
- [Voiceover] In order to publish your application,…you'll need to add information to the App Listing.…You'll find this in the Store Listing category…on the left side of the menu.…First, set the application's title.…Each app in your app catalogue must have a unique title.…So, for example, if I tried…to enter Nadia's Garden Restaurant, it would be rejected.…And that's because I already have an app in my collection…that has that title.…So, I'll change this version…to Nadia's Garden Restaurant Demo.…And, I'll save the draft again,…and this time, it's accepted.…
You also have to enter a short description,…of up to 80 characters,…and a long description, of up to 4,000 characters.…I'll just enter some short text to satisfy the requirement.…Next, scroll down toward the bottom, past the graphics.…I'll talk about those in a separate video.…And, go to the Categorization.…Now again, these are required values.…I'll choose an Application Type of Applications.…And, then I'll choose from one of these categories.…I'm publishing a restaurant application,…
- Packaging apps in APK files
- Building a signed APK file
- Distributing through Google Play
- Adding app graphics
- Setting pricing
- Publishing the app
- Submitting an app to Amazon
- Tracking app use in Google Play and Amazon
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Game App with the Android SDKwith David Gassner2h 6m Intermediate
1. Know Your Distribution Options
2. Package and Test the App
3. Distribute through the Google Play Store
4. Distribute through Amazon
5. Track an App's Usage
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.