Selecting keywords for your app is the foundation of App Store Optimization. Make sure you don't get caught by the two biggest misconceptions about keywords.
- [Instructor] When talking about choosing keywords…for your app, it's important to discuss and clarify…a couple of misconceptions about keyword research.…Misconception number one.…Keyword selection is a one-time task.…The reality is that nothing could be further from the truth.…If you're serious about your ASO, you should be revisiting…and updating your keyword list on a regular basis.…After all, you can modify your description…and add or remove keywords at any time…after your app is available, so take this seriously,…and be diligent about it.…
Misconception number two.…Pick keywords based solely on their search volume.…The reality is that while search volume is a good indicator…of overall interest and demand, it may be very difficult…for you to rank high enough for those terms to get noticed.…If you're just starting out, consider picking keywords…that you can rank in the top 10 for…regardless of search volume.…That way you can build some momentum…and get users downloading your app.…You want to make sure the keywords you choose…
- Comparing the App Store and Google Play store
- How Apple and Google rank your app
- Choosing an app name, keywords, and category
- Writing a description for your app
- App indexing
- Deep linking
- Creating icons, screenshots, and demo videos
- Monitoring ASO performance
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/14/2017. What changed?
A: We added one video, "How the iTunes App Store ranks your app," which helps you understand the determining factors, such as app name and length, that affect how your app ranks in App Store search results.