Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Check boxes, part of Up and Running with Java Applications.
- [Voiceover] Let's get some practice with check boxes.…So, I'm in my layout.java file,…and I'm looking in the design view,…as you can see in the tab in the editor.…And, in my window, if I select it,…I'll see that I have an absolute layout.…Remember that you can always change it with…a drop down, in the properties panel,…just like you can change it in the layout section.…So let's drop a check box onto the screen.…So, I'll select check box, under components,…and then just put my mouse cursor in the window,…and click to drop it down.…
I'll just type example for the name.…What I want to do is track whether the…check box is on or off, in a separate label.…So, I'm going to create a J label, by clicking J label,…under components, and then I'm going to click…under the example check box, so in here, I'll type off.…This is just going to toggle between off and on,…when the check box is selected, or de-selected.…So, let's start with tracking the variable names…for the UI elements, so I click on the check box.…
And the check box is check box example,…
- Installing Java and Eclipse
- Understanding basic Java syntax
- Handling Java errors
- Creating a UI with Swing
- Creating tables and connecting to data sources for tables
- Publishing a JAR file
- Installing NetBeans
- Creating JSP pages
- Setting up and connecting to databases
- Creating Java-based Android Studio projects
Skill Level Beginner
Java Essential Training for Studentswith Peggy Fisher3h 6m Intermediate
1. Install Java and an IDE
2. Java Basics Review
3. Create a User Interface with Swing
4. Tables and Data Sources
5. Application Distribution and Deployment
Publish a runnable JAR file2m 32s
6. Server-Side Java: JSP and Databases
7. Android Development
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.