Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video Building MoodLightZ, part of Programming the Internet of Things with Android.
- Next up we're gonna develop MoodLightZ.…MoodLightZ is an Android Wear plus Android Phone application…that connects up to a bank of…Philips Hue LED controllable lights.…So we're talking from a watch, to a phone,…to a Wi-Fi hub, through ZigBee, off to the lights.…So the Android Wear Device App selects the desired lighting.…The Wear Device then sends a message to the Phone,…the phone has a service, so there's no UI…other than the little toast that pops up…that indicates you've selected what color…you want the lights to be,…which listens to the Wear Device…and then sends a specific set of JSON to the Hue hub.…
Schematically, it looks like this.…The Wear Device and the Android Phone…talk back and forth over Bluetooth…and the Android Phone talks…back and forth to the Philips Hue Lights over Wi-Fi.…Now, this only works when you're actually…in range of your local Wi-Fi…because in order to prevent people…from randomly controlling the lights of somebody else,…which could potentially pose a safety problem,…you can only control the Hue Lights…
- Exploring the Internet of Things
- Understanding sensors and effectors
- Connecting inputs and outputs
- Connecting to devices via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- Creating Bluetooth apps using Android
- Creating your own things with programmable hardware
- Using IFTTT to program things
- Exploring the trends in things
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Note-Taking App for Android (2013)with David Gassner3h 7m Intermediate
Connecting Android Apps to RESTful Web Serviceswith David Gassner3h 24m Intermediate
Programming the Internet of Things with iOSwith Michael Lehman2h 49m Intermediate
1. The Internet of Things (IoT)
2. Composing a Thing
3. Connecting to Things
4. Creating Things
5. Managing Your Things
6. The Future of IoT
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.