- Setting the SDK and devices for app development and testing
- Sending notifications to Android Wear devices
- Adding action buttons and voice input to notifications
- Stacking notifications
- Creating a new wearable app
- Managing layouts for different watch shapes
- Sending messages between phones and Android Wear devices
- Packaging an Android Wear app for distribution
Skill Level Intermediate
- [David] I'm David Gassner, and this is Building Apps for Android Wear Devices. This course is designed for developers who want to build apps with Android Studio for watches that run on the Android Wear operating system. I'll first describe how to configure Android Studio and the Android SDK for wearable app development, and then I'll show you how to connect an Android phone to both virtual and physical watch devices for debugging and testing. I'll describe how to add wearable features to notifications that are shared with the watch from a cellphone, taking full advantage of the watch's small scale user interface.
Then I'll describe a variety of techniques for buildings apps that run directly on a watch, including receiving voice input, "San Francisco" and sending messages from a watch to a connected Android phone. I hope that this course helps you get started building apps for wearable devices that run on Android Wear.