Learn to develop widgets—miniature application views that can be embedded in larger applications—for your Android app.
- [Emmanuel] In your Android apps, you'll often see these great widgets you can install to accompany your main app. Are you curious about what it takes to create such widgets? Would you also like to learn how to build your own? If you've answered yes to any of these questions, you've come to the right place. In this course, we'll explore how to build your own widget for your Android application. Hi, I'm Emmy Henri, and I've developed several widgets for many of my clients. It'll be my pleasure to expand your Android knowledge by diving into widget development with you. First, we'll take an in-depth view of design guidelines and initial steps. Then, we'll dive right in with creating the widget's layout with its own styles. We'll work with the widget provider and its functions so we can get our widget updated. And finally, we'll explore other options, like implement pending and finding information on building a widget host and collections. So if you're ready to build your own widget, open up Android Studio and let's get started.
- Design guidelines for Android widgets
- Creating the widget layout
- Working with the AppWidgetProvider class
- Adding functionality with provider functions
- Pinning app widgets