The APK you upload to an app store must be created with a signing certificate. You can create this certificate yourself in Android Studio, but once created you have to store it and make sure you don't forget its passwords or other critical information. Future versions of the same app must be packaged with the same certificate.
- [Jon-Luke] Now that you have cleaned up the code,…configured the version information,…and set up code shrinking,…it is time to package up the application for release.…Even though an APK is generated…every time you run the application for debugging,…this APK cannot be used to publish your application…to either the Google Play store, or Amazon Appstore,…and should not be shared outside of that.…Aside from being unsafe because the code…in the debug version of the APK…can be easily decompiled and read,…the self-signed certificate used to sign it…has an expiration date of 365 days from its creation date.…
The application will not run after this time.…Android Studio makes signing the release build…for your application rather easy.…So let's go back to our project in Android Studio,…and check it out.…Go to Build at the top,…and select Generate Signed APK near the bottom.…Recently, Android Studio began offering…a new signing method that generates an app bundle…for your application that allows the Google Play store…to deliver optimized APKs to users,…
- Exploring the distribution options
- Cleaning up your code
- Building a signed APK file
- Configuring build types and variants
- Distributing through Google Play
- Adding app graphics
- Setting pricing
- Publishing the app in Google Play
- Submitting an app to Amazon
- Tracking app use in Google Play and Amazon
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Adminwith Irene Radcliffe5h 21m Intermediate
1. Know Your Distribution Options
2. Package an App for Distribution
3. Distribute through the Google Play Store
4. Distribute through Amazon
5. Track an App's Usage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.